- Keep your hair and scalp clean! When sweat and dirt build up, your hair would be easily tangled. Detangle your hair first from the ends to the roots before shampooing. Wash your hair gentle in a downward motion (from the roots to the ends). Rubbing can cause the hair to tangle.
- When you're done rinse your hair thoroughly. Make sure that your hair is clean before you use a hair conditioner. Condition your hair after every wash. Your extensions don't receive the natural oils from your scalp. Do not apply conditioner in the root area or near the attachments. It can loosen the bonds and make your extensions fall out. Dry your hair gently, don't rub it with a towel but move in a downward motion from roots to ends. Gently detangle your hair.
- If the hair extensions look very frizzy and unnatural, you could try to put the hair extensions into conditioner at least 30 minutes. You won't need to wash them frequently; just twice or three times a week should be fine.
After you get your hair extensions it is best to wait 48 hours before you wash your hair.
How to use tape in human hair extensions
- Don’t wash the hair with the conditioner before using the tape.
- Wash and dry your hair completely before starting.
- Never install at the crown or too close to the nape of the neck.
- Make two extensions strips are glued together with a part of your own hair in between them.
- Don’t wash your hair after using the tape at least 48 hours.
When you use the conditioner to care the hair, please don't touch the attachment tape.
- It is better to avoid heat. The much you use it, the shorter your hair extensions will last. Be careful with the use of blow dryers, flat irons and curling irons. It is best to let your hair dry naturally.
- Use a soft bristle brush for hair extensions when brushing your hair. To start at the ends of your hair and when all tangles are removed gently work your way up. Always brush in a downward motion.
- The hair can be straightened, curled, washed and restyled as you like. Please notice that the temperature should be under 180℃. But we don’t suggest double dyeing process, because unprofessional dyeing process would greatly shorten hair lifespan and affect hair quality. Customized order is available for Sunny Hair, just contact us to tell your needs.
Hair Styling Products
Use a good (leave-in) conditioner to keep your hair soft. Too much conditioner or any other hair care product can cause a build up and tangling. Avoid hair products that contain alcohol, which makes hair dry.
DON'T sleep on wet hair. Make sure that your hair is completely dry when you go to sleep. A good habit is to tie your hair together in a ponytail to prevent tangling as much as possible.
ExercisingAvoid long exposure to chlorine and salt water, which can cause the hair to tangle and mat up. It is recommended to wear a swim cap if possible or wear your hair up to keep it out of the water. After swimming it is best to shampoo and condition your hair immediately. In general it is a good habit to wear your hair up or in a ponytail when you exercise.